Economic & social development
“Economic development is something much wider and deeper than economics, let alone econometrics. Its roots lie outside the economic sphere, in education, organisation, discipline and, beyond that, in political independence and a national consciousness of self-reliance.” - E.F. Schumacher
MISSION: Support economic and sustainable development and promote and encourage social reform for a just and equal society.
Our areas of work are:
- Economic and private sector development
- SME development & entrepreneurship
- Regional and cross-border development
- Investment climate development
- Social development
- Youth & employment
- Gender, diversity & equality
- Consumer empowerment & protection
We provide services in:
- Creating legal, regulatory and institutional framework facilitating the development of the private sector
- Developing foreign / domestic investment strategies
- Supporting investment promotion agencies
- Strengthening the institutional capacity of public bodies
- Developing support programmes for modernising economic sectors, building exports and increasing competitiveness
- Evaluatingf the social impact of economic reforms.
- Supporting the analysis and design of social policies.
- Designing schemes to enhance the presence of women and youth on the labour market.